Ann-Christine Westerlund, International Tax Advisor
Ann-Christine Westerlund has over 30 years of experience in providing accounting and tax services to American and European corporations including consumer products, high tech, software, media, entertainment, financial services, manufacturing and service businesses. Ann-Christine Westerlund has excellent reputation as creative, innovative, enthusiastic and result-oriented professional who gets things done.
She is highly regarded for client-handling skills with personal care, international orientation and professional judgment.
Focus of practice:
- Advise clients on tax planning issues, expatriate taxation, stock options taxation, cross border transactions, transfer pricing, tax treaty issues and tax structures for new businesses.
- Prepare annually hundreds of US tax returns for corporations, individuals, expatriates in the USA and American expatriates overseas.
- Prepare memos on tax treaty and social security agreements and dual citizenship tax issues and estate tax issues.
- Advise Finnish and Swedish companies how to start a business in the USA including tax compliance and accounting services.
- Organize in cooperation with professional institutions tax planning, investment and start up events.
- Lecture and write articles on international tax issues. Inform the Finnish media on current US tax issues.
- New York State Society of CPA’s International Tax Committee
- KHT yhdistys – CGR foreningen, Helsinki, Finland
- Finnish American Chamber of Commerce, New York Member of the Board
- Swedish American Chamber of Commerce, New York
- American Scandinavian Foundation, New York
- American Scandinavian Society, New York
- SWEA, New York
- Finnish American Women’s Network FAWN, New York
- SEFE, Helsinki, Finland
Ann-Christine Westerlund earned her MBA from the Swedish School of Economics and Business Administration, Helsinki, Finland in 1976 and is Authorized Public Accountant since 1984.
She specialized in international tax at Ernst & Young and participated in many International tax training courses in Europe and in the USA.
She studied international and US tax law at New York University.